RENEWAL BY ANDERSEN’S® $10,000 WINDOW MAKEOVER SWEEPSTAKES 2018
No purchase is necessary to participate in this promotion and you do not have to submit to a sales presentation. Void where prohibited by law, rule, or regulation. a purchase will not improve YOUR chances of winning.
- Renewal by Andersen of Greater Toronto (“Sponsor”) will award one (1) Grand Prize during the prize period; with the Grand Prize winner being selected from all eligible entries received in accordance with these Official Rules by Sponsor between [101/01/2018] and [12/31/2018]. The Grand Prize winner will be determined from a random drawing of all eligible entries received by Sponsor; provided however, the Grand Prize winner must answer correctly within a 5 minute time period a mathematical skill-testing question without the benefit of any calculating devices before the prize will be awarded. The drawing will occur within 10 days of the end of the entry period. The odds of winning the Grand Prize is determined by the number of eligible entries received. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify, extend, or terminate this promotion without notice at any time. Entries that are lost, late, illegible, or incomplete for any reason will not be eligible. In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the winning home is titled. No more than one (1) entry per household per prize period is allowed and prizes are limited to one (1) prize per household per prize period. This promotion may be conducted in conjunction with other Sponsor promotions.
- The Grand Prize winner will be notified by e-mail or by telephone within three (3) business days of the drawing in which the Grand Prize winner is selected. Sponsor shall make three (3) attempts to notify the Grand Prize winner in this manner within three (3) business days of the drawing. If the Grand Prize winner still has not been contacted and notified after these three (3) attempts, then Sponsor will send a fourth and final notification attempt via certified mail, return receipt requested, to the address of the Grand Prize winner indicated on the winning entry within fourteen (14) days of the drawing. If the Grand Prize winner does not contact Sponsor within seven (7) days following the date of mailing of the certified letter, it will be deemed that the Grand Prize winner cannot be contacted and will thus result in disqualification of the Grand Prize winner, forfeiture of the Grand Prize, and selection of an alternate Grand Prize winner. The return of the certified mail prize notification as undeliverable will result in the Grand Prize winner’s disqualification, forfeiture of the prize, and selection of an alternate Grand Prize winner. An alternate Grand Prize winner will be selected within three (3) business days of a Grand Prize winner’s disqualification pursuant to the selection and notification process set out herein. Only a Grand Prize winner will receive notification. All prizes will be awarded. Upon making contact with the Grand Prize winner, Sponsor shall notify the individual of his or her having been selected as the Grand Prize winner, and Sponsor shall set an appointment to meet the Grand Prize winner in person at the Grand Prize winner’s residence within fourteen (14) days of the date of contact. This meeting is the “Promotion Confirmation.”
- Promotion entrants may enter this promotion by (a) completing an entry form and returning it where designated,
(b) submitting an online entry at www.rba10ksweeps.ca, or (c) printing the entrant’s name and the entrant’s complete address on a 3” x 5” card, writing the words “Renewal by Andersen’s® $10,000 Window Makeover Sweepstakes 2018” at the top, and mailing the card to Sponsor at 3505 Laird Road, Unit 16 & 17, Mississauga, ON, L5L 5Y7.
- Promotion entrants must (a) be twenty-one (21) years of age or older as of the time of entering this promotion and
(b) own their own home that is located in the province of Ontario, Canada. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, co-branded partners, consultants, contractors, advertising, public relations, promotion, fulfillment and marketing agencies, and their immediate families (and those living in their same households) are not eligible to participate in this promotion.
- The Grand Prize winner will receive $10,000 of Renewal by Andersen-installed replacement windows in the style of and with the options of the Grand Prize winner’s choice. Visit Sponsor’s webpage at ca for a listing of products sold by Sponsor. The retail value of the Grand Prize is $10,000. The $10,000 includes the cost of labor and material. Installation must be provided by Sponsor’s personnel or designee. Sponsor’s personnel or designee shall obtain any required permit to perform the installation. Any costs in excess of the stated maximum retail value shall be the sole and exclusive responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. All expenses not specifically provided for are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. The address listed on each entry form must be an eligible address as provided for in Section 4 of these Official Rules and must be the address where any product will be installed or where any services are rendered. All dollars are expressed in U.S. currency. The Grand Prize winner’s home must be in suitable condition for installation (e.g., plumbing and electric in compliance with local building codes and regulations, no water, mold, or structural damage). Any waterproofing, remediation or other repairs necessary for proper installation (as deemed by Sponsor or its designees in their sole discretion) must be performed at the Grand Prize winner’s expense prior to installation. The Grand Prize winner must arrange for prize installation no later than one (1) month following the award of the Grand Prize and installation must occur and be completed within six (6) months of confirmed notification. Installation of the Grand Prize is subject to the terms and conditions of Sponsor’s standard installation guidelines. Acceptance of the Grand Prize may require entering into a standard contract or purchase order for the goods and services to be provided, as required by state law.
- To qualify to receive the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize winner must comply with all Official Rules instructions and requirements, including, if requested, the completion of an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release, and return it to Sponsor within fourteen (14) days of the date of the Promotion Confirmation, as well as have met all of the eligibility requirements set forth within these Official Rules; otherwise the Grand Prize winner will be disqualified and the Grand Prize will be forfeited, and an alternative Grand Prize winner will be selected. Acceptance or use of the Grand Prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its affiliates to use the recipient’s name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without compensation, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- No transfers, substitution in prizes, or cash will be allowed except by Sponsor, who may substitute a prize of equal or greater value in its sole and absolute discretion. Upon awarding of the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize winner assumes full ownership and responsibility for the Grand Prize. Liability for any applicable taxes, including all federal, state, and local taxes and/or other fees that may apply to the Grand Prize is the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. Any required tax reporting forms will be furnished to the Internal Revenue Service and state tax agency.
- By participating in this promotion, each entrant agrees to release, discharge, and hold harmless Sponsor, its affiliates, co-branded partners, subsidiaries, retailers, agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents, from any damages that may arise out of participation in this promotion in any way or out of the acceptance, use, misuse, or possession of a prize. By entering into this promotion, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, or controversies (hereafter referred to as a “Claim”) arising under or relating to this promotion, including the validity or enforceability of this arbitration provision, shall be subject to binding arbitration to be determined by one (1) arbitrator, in accordance with and pursuant to the then prevailing Consumer Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA). Each entrant agrees that he or she will not assert a Claim on behalf of, or as a member of, any group or class. The findings of the arbitrator shall be final and binding on all parties. Each party shall be responsible for its own fees and costs. This agreement to arbitrate, and any award or verdict will be specifically enforceable under the prevailing law of any court having jurisdiction. Notice of the demand for arbitration will be filed by the party asserting the Claim with AAA. The demand for arbitration shall be made within a reasonable time after the Claim in question has arisen, and in no event shall any such demand be made after the date when institution of legal or equitable proceedings based on such Claim would be barred by the applicable statute of limitations. Any arbitration proceeding and any award or verdict shall remain confidential between the parties and shall not be made public.
- For a prize winners’ list, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope within thirty (30) days following a prize period, including a request for the prize winners’ name(s), to “Renewal by Andersen’s® $10,000 Window Makeover Sweepstakes 2018” at 3505 Laird Road, Unit 16 & 17, Mississauga, ON, L5L 5Y7. To stop the mailing of future sweepstakes-related materials from Sponsor, please send a written request to 3505 Laird Road, Unit 16 & 17, Mississauga, ON, L5L 5Y7. This promotion is conducted in English, which will be given its everyday ordinary meaning. This promotion is governed by the laws of Ontario and jurisdiction and venue for any actions hereunder shall reside within Ontario.